** Note: Registration will open in May 2015 **
The Emergency Medical Technician – Paramedic training program is offered as a full-time program designed to prepare participants to provide advanced life support skills to patients in a pre-hospital environment.
Participants will receive training in patient assessment, history and physical examination, Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), PreHospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS), medical emergency and trauma management, intravenous therapy, advanced pharmacology, advanced airway management, cardiology, obstetrical and gynecological emergencies and hazardous materials (Haz-Mat) management. (Total didactic hours appx. 526 hrs.)
Participants will complete appx. 400 hours of clinical experience at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital (Level 1 Trauma Center) and its affiliated hospitals, as well as a 240- to 400-hour field internship with Philadelphia Fire Rescue and surrounding providers. Additional clinical hours may be added or required based on individual needs.
Didactic classes meet Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 AM to 4 PM
Clinical rotations are self scheduled on alternate days based on site and personal availability.
**Course Tuition: $11,400.00** (Subject to Change)
**Course Registration Fee: $600.00 (Deposit Non-Refundable)**
- You must maintain current certification as an EMT–Basic in Pennsylvania (reciprocity available)
- 911 Experience preferred - please provide recommendation from your EMS supervisor.
- You must maintain current CPR for Healthcare Provider certification
- You must be age 18 or older
- You must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- College level Anatomy & Physiology I & II
- You must pass a criminal background check (participants may not have been convicted of a felony)
- You must obtain a Child Abuse Clearance from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- You must have current health insurance
Please download and complete the following forms and e-mail to the Paramedic Program Director.
Personal Information Form
Health Physical Form
PA Child Abuse Clearance Form
PA State Police Criminal History Form