The Emergency Medical Technician – Paramedic training program is offered as a full-time program designed to prepare participants to provide advanced life support skills to patients in a pre-hospital environment.
Participants will receive training in patient assessment, history and physical examination, medical emergency and trauma management, intravenous therapy, advanced pharmacology, advanced airway management, cardiology, obstetrical and gynecological emergencies and hazardous materials (Haz-Mat) management. (Total didactic hours approximately 526 hrs.)
The Paramedic Program also includes several advanced certifications including:
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS -AHA)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS - AHA)
- Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS - NAEMT)
- Advanced Medical Life Support (AMLS - NAEMT)
- Advanced Stroke Life Support (ASLS - Univ. of Miami)
- Mental Health First Aid
Additional conferences and experiences may be available to the student as well; including but not limited to:
- Community Paramedicine
- Critical care exposure both air and ground
- Access to Continuing education offered by Training Center
Participants will complete approximately. 400 hours of clinical experience at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital (Level 1 Trauma Center) and its affiliated hospitals, as well as a 240- to 400-hour field internship with Philadelphia Fire Rescue and surrounding providers. Additional clinical hours may be added or required based on individual needs.
Didactic classes meet Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 AM to 4 PM and some Saturdays
Clinical rotations are self-scheduled on alternate days based on site and personal availability.
**Course Tuition: $12,900.00**
(Tuition includes, class, books, uniforms and fees)
JeffSTAT EMS Education Center is eligible for Veterans Administration Educational Benefits. No other financial aid is available through the program.
**Course Registration Fee: $600.00 (Deposit Non-Refundable)**
- You must maintain current certification as an EMT–Basic in Pennsylvania (reciprocity available)
- 911 Experience preferred - please provide recommendation from your EMS supervisor.
- You must maintain current CPR for Healthcare Provider certification
- You must be age 18 or older
- You must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- College level Anatomy & Physiology I & II (or concurrent enrollment)
- You must pass a criminal background check (participants may not have been convicted of a felony)
- You must obtain a Child Abuse Clearance from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- You must have current health insurance
Please download and complete the following forms and e-mail to the Paramedic Program Director.
Personal Information Form
Health Physical Form
PA Child Abuse Clearance Form
PA State Police Criminal History Form